[Typo3-doc] Creating demo/howto videos with Flash

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 23:42:03 CET 2005

Hi all

Peter Kindström wrote:

> Hi Rainer,
>
>> are the wink project files interchangeble so that wink
>> documents/tutorials could be translated by just changing the text
>> files using standard TER and the exinsting translation tool?
>
> The problem is the screenshots... but if they are reasonably neutral
> (english?) I think the text is easy to change - if you have the original
> wink files!

Wink can also ex/import text files for all the text boxes, these look
like so:

NumFrames: 44
Frame: 1
Title:
NumCallouts: 1
+--->
Den Internet Explorer starten
+--->
Frame: 2
Title:
NumCallouts: 1
+--->
Die URL eingeben und Return drücken
+--->
Frame: 3
Title:
NumCallouts: 1
+--->
Benutzername eingeben ...
+--->

But this approach would require, that the text boxes are made large
enough to hold more lengthy texts (e.g. german is know to produce
around 4/3 of the length of english on avarage). And, indeed, the
screnn shots should be made with english setting in the backend.

> I think we should start make Wink-files for the different
> chapters/paragraphs in the "Handbook for editors" document, but that
> does not yet exist in english...  :-(

I think, this is perfect. Because I would need just the same first
for my customers.

So I'll start with that.

However, which site to use? If possibly others jump in for different
chapters it would be confusing later, when everyone uses a different
site. Is there some public accessible site available to use? Maybe the
Typo3 demo site? Or is it possible to have some extra space on it (or
somewhere else)?

regards

Georg
--