[Typo3-doc] Back from the T3BOARD05, I got the final structure

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Mon Jan 10 07:20:59 CET 2005

Hi DocTEAM,

I'm back from Kitzbühel, I'm full of reply and some great new ideas and
  solutions I want to apply for the documentation.

I've met lot of TYPO3's involved peoples and have made some good
connection with them. We will work together on the next TYPO3
documentation system.

To reply shortly to Rick:

First thank you form your help offer. I hope I will by able to convert
it to real input. ;-)

We have chosen to use a Wiki system as a collaborative tool because
TYPO3 wasn't usable in its current state to allow free contribution to
unidentified user like a Wiki does.

That's no more true. ;-)

We also wanted to offer a common Internet tool. WikiPedia is a well
known encyclopedia using successfully a Wiki system as their input software.

This software seemed a good choice for us, that why wiki.typo3.org is
MediaWiki based. As Jean-Maid said, it's more a testing area than a full
  working documentation system.

During the T3BOARD05 tour I've though a lot about the TYPO3
documentation system and the structure. The structure is now the main
working point of the DocTEAM.

I finally decided to use the good old one, first structure proposition.
One of the main reason it's because it's also used in the German TYPO3
book, and also because it was suggested by Kasper and later on by Peter.

And my last point it's because I would like to go to a web semantic system.

But the final structure is much more as Peter suggested on the Main_Page
draft.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Draft_Main_Page

We will have 4 main sections:

* Getting Started, a place to learn for beginner
* Editor, the documentation for user with use TYPO3 only to input and
manage the content
* Administrator, the documentation related to TYPO3 administrative task,
should be more clearly defined what an administrator is and what is his
role.
* Developer, the most advanced TYPO3 level, people which develop program
template for TYPO3 site.

What you can do right now, it's to complete the document review in the
Wiki document Matrix.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix

Write here the information you know about a particular document. A sort
of summing up and improvement suggestion list. Also try to put the main
section in which you think the document should go, (see above). And
finally add some list of the topic covered by the document.

I really have no more time to describe the process more deeply right
now,  but start with a document you know well, I will revise what you've
done and I will also send the complete Documentation structure and the
detailed review process.
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM leader.