[Typo3-doc] Creating demo/howto videos with Flash

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Thu Feb 24 02:54:36 CET 2005

> IMHO this is the best argument for using WINK! These flash movies are very
> large and lead into some kind of a one way street, but hey - this is
> better than having no videos at all, because its too much overkill to
> produce highly sophisticated avi/wmv based material.
> The complicated way of creating xvid/wmv footage might be one of the
> reasons, why nobody ever released any additional videos.

just to comment that: in fact, it's sooooo easy to produce those wink
tutorials!

after i read about wink for the first time here in the NG, i downloaded the
software and after having studied the 2 tutorial "winks", i was able to
produce my first own tutorial for a customer. i would probably never had
produced "multimedia" tutorials for them at all (instead of writing
powerpoints or something else) but now with wink, it's real fun and the guys
profit from that very much. that's what they say, at least.

admitted: the videos are indeed very sophisticated and fun to watch, too and
i have learned a lot from them, but as said before: when it comes to a
simple "question/answer scenario", wink is of great help instantly,
hasslefree. and that even on my slow laptop...

but this is no argument against having videos as well.

greets

rainer