[Typo3-doc] Creating demo/howto videos with Flash

Michael Perkhofer michael.perkhofer at uibk.ac.at
Wed Feb 23 23:25:00 CET 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:

> At the end it's still much smaller than a video. However the compression
> could maybe be improved in next versions. I don't know...

Michael - I have to say, that you are false here. I just recorded the
'One-Minute' video (which has ~4meg in Flash format!!) using WME and encoded
it into a WMV screencapture -> the resulting video had 500kB!!

> It's always the same problem. However I think that Wink presentations are
> much easier to create (just create some screenshots, draw the mouse button,
> etc.).

IMHO this is the best argument for using WINK! These flash movies are very
large and lead into some kind of a one way street, but hey - this is better
than having no videos at all, because its too much overkill to produce
highly sophisticated avi/wmv based material.
The complicated way of creating xvid/wmv footage might be one of the
reasons, why nobody ever released any additional videos.

-Michael