[Typo3-doc] Articles and Mini-Howtos

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Tue Apr 19 18:53:19 CEST 2005

Hi Robert,
> Two members of the community recently sent me an article and a mini-howto. I
> don't really have the time currently looking through it and fine-tuning the
> layout. So what are your ideas for articles and Howtos? How could you
> imagine a workflow?

Put them on the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Overview_Miscellaneous

> - How could you imagine a workflow?
> - Who would like to create a general guideline for writing articles?

We have to work with these two things. There are embryos on the
wiki:
* http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_workflow
* http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_guidelines

> - What types of documentation do you imagine on TYPO3.org in the long
>   run?

If we get timtaw, we should simple move the wiki content and
structure to "doc.typo3.org".
(http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Draft_Main_Page)

Of course the structure needs more finetuning before moving, but
I am working on that. And we also need a gentle merge with the
existing content on typo3.org documentation pages. Some like this:

typo3.org        wiki section
=========        ============================
Matrix        -> Different sections. Separate extension section.
Videos        -> Its own section
FAQ/Howto     -> Help, tips and troubleshooting
Articles      -> Help, tips and troubleshooting (until big
enought for having its own section)
Tips & tricks -> Help, tips and troubleshooting

BTW, anyone know an extension that could give us the same
category functionality at doc.typo3.org as the Categories give
us on the wiki today?
(http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Special:Categories and soon
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix)