[Typo3-doc] Organisation of the Typo3-doc and ideas

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Apr 2 18:58:21 CEST 2005

Hi Kees,
> It is a good thing, to use sctructures and documents that already
> excists. This cost almost no effort.

Depends if the existing structure is good or not....  :-)
Often the user have to pay (in effort trying to find documents)
for what the central structuring guy gain in effort... ;-)

And since I don´t think we have any good structure to recycle,
we have to make one from scratch. But don´t worry, I have an
idea of that, look at the Draft Main Page:
  http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Draft_Main_Page

> Is there a description of the
> current situation and status of the documentation? Is there a rough idea
> where we want to go to? Do we know what we need to get there?

No, no description and there will probable never be...
But I have a quite clear idea of where (at least) I want to go
and how to get there.

> What I saw on the wiki Main-page has a start paragraph with no content.
> That is not good. This will not encourage people to assist.
> What does WIKI means? I know that there exists a Wikipedia but never
> used it. There are people like me. So why not explane this and why there
> is choosen for Wiki doc structure?

Our former docTeam leader started to make a lot of changes at
the wiki, but I think most of them never got finished (because
of lack of time).
But I intent to spend some time "spring-cleaning" the wiki. But
it will take some time.

/Peter Kindström