[Typo3-doc] Future Main_Page

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Sep 29 18:54:51 CEST 2004

>> Maybe this post is of no use, because it will give an
 >> opinion but no suggestions for alternatives...  :-)
>
> Are speaking about my post, yours, or Jean-Marie's message ?

Talking about my post! I myself like posts with suggestions of
what to change, not just post saying "this and that is wrong"...

 > Could you give me some example of document which doesn't fit
 > into the proposed sections ?

Everything fits, no problem there! But I think the most
important link (Document Matrix) is "hard" to find!

It feels "wrong" to have 90% of the wiki´s content behind a link
that occupies 5% of the main page...?

About the rest of you answer: It sounds like we don´t agree...
and I have no problem with that!

It also sounds like this is your own project - and that the
roadmap is already set! But probably your ideas have the support
of the rest of the DocTeam?

And in that case it is useless to continue this discussion. I
just started it to see if something had changed since I left the
active participation of the DocTeam/wiki. It has changed, but
not in the way I think is best for Typo3.

Personally, I still have some enthusiasm left. And now I start
seeing where I want to go! I have made a new structure for my
own wiki, I have a list over Editor/Admins documents that I
think should be the official Typo3 documentation and I have TOCs
for most of those documents.

I have also written the first (of at least three) roadmaps, so I
(and others?) know what to prioritize when I start writing. Now
I just have to start writing/copying from existing documents. My
only remaining concern is how to cooperate with the rest of the
community without "competing" with the Typo3Wiki. Any ideas for
that?

--

/Peter Kindström