[Typo3-doc] wiki to SXW or PDF

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Sep 8 05:36:34 CEST 2004

> In fact, I'm proposing a project about to student here in some French
> school. It would be nice if we could define the project clearly.
>
> See also:
>
> http://typo3.org/projects/documents-suite/

That project would be certainly nice to have but it seems to me to
actually go through with it it will take many hours of many people that
work on it.

Do we really have to set the goal that high?

Often I see that as long as we keep it simple we accomplish more. I
rather have it simple for a start (similar to your tool and hesitate to
go into it like a big project.

Don't really understand what you mean here but If it's about the fact
that not everything is perfect, aren't we here to try to change that?

If you ask me about a clear definition of Wiki to SXW/PDF Tool I think
by keeping it simple it's going to be the most clear. This is what I
would tell the student.

1. Look at the documentations at typo3.org
2. Download e.g. Getting Started as SXW and PDF
3. Look at those files and how they behave

That's what we have now and that's what people are used to get, when
they look for documentation.

4. Go to wiki.typo3.org
5. Look at http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/User:Sylvain#My_tools
6. Look at http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_inst_upgr
7- Look at http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Text_Import_from_typo3.org

And that's what we need.

At tool that converts the Wiki code of the documentation into the
SXW/PDF Format so people can download what's writte on the Wiki and read
it offline or print it out.

That's it.

Jean-Marie