[Typo3-doc] Backend Programming full import into the wiki

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Mon Sep 6 14:42:22 CEST 2004

Hi,
>> I will have a look how to do automated uploads with lynx/GET/POST. I'm
>> sure it should not be too difficult.
> Give me a script and I will do the trick. ;-)
I have looked at POST, and the problem I still need to solve is how to
encode the special characters. DO you have any ideas on this topic? The
other things shouldn't be a problem.

Here is the data being sent to the server:

-- snip --
POST /index.php?title=User:Skurfuerst/test&action=submit HTTP/1.1
Host: wiki.typo3.org
Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3
Accept:
text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5

wpTextbox1=ghfgfg+%5Btest%22%5D+%5B%5BABC%5B+%C3%84%C3%96PI&wpSummary=&wpSave=Save+page&wpSection=&wpEdittime=20040906121355
-- snip --

The question is the encoding. How to encode [ and & and so on into %..
values. Do you have any ideas on that?

  Another thing i just discovered is that, if you use Wiki names like
"backend programming/chapter1", there is automatically a reference
generated to "backend programming". THis even works with multiple
"Layers", so I think the best would be to use the scheme:
NAME / CHAPTER .

> [keeping image URL on typo3.org]
> Yes, that what I think too.
> May be, you can just untar an archive in a folder somewhere on the wiki.
> Or even do the download them yourself. I can easily give you the full
> list of the URL of all image used in a document.
OK, then it could be downloaded with wget, and uploaded with POST should
work, too.

so far,
Sebastian