[Typo3-doc] DocTEAM goals discussion

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Mon Oct 25 00:10:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

Following the Peter's suggestion of goals posted in
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/DocteamCorner

I've reformatted the whole page to be easier to understand. I hope. ;-)

Peter, does the order of the suggestion goals you propose have an
importance ?

# organize and review existing documentation

Would be hold in http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix, right ?

Do we need a review process ? And of course reviewer. ;-)

# help people to find/use the documentation

Our day to day job, redirecting them to the FAQ, writing some new page
to collect content about what is said about a special topic. Example:
source code profiling, which was a failure, because nobody has completed
the page. :-(
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_sourcecode_profiling

# analyse the need for new documentation

Why do we need to analyze this need ? It comes naturally when a topic is
undocumented. We don't have time to analyze more than we do, right ? How
would it help ?

# organize and support the work on new and existing documentation
# maintain the overall documentation structure

Both are the same thing, even including the first Item, no ?

What about the following work:

- php tools writing (ex: correcting broken documentation stuff, like NG
search, extension search, FAQ/HOWTO duplicate, ...)
- propose and develop an interface (TYPO3 extension, website, etc.) to
easier extension documentation
- document translation
- collect any document information (newsgroup, mailing list, forum,
tutorial, etc.)
- better printable manual, with less wasted white space, keyword index,
references, picture cation, etc.
--
Regards,
Sylvain -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.