[Typo3-doc] TYPO3 Glossary

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Oct 19 18:19:50 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

Peter Kindström schrieb:
> Sorry to be negative, but shouldn´t we first find out how the
> words/explanations should be used/put back into the glossary extension
> before we ask for help?

True, but as I said I don't think it'll be too complicated to convert it
back to the glossary database by using the XML export of the Wiki.

> - Is there an extension for handling the glossary?

I already said: No!

There is just a not-finished extension with tables created in the
kickstarter, nothing more, no code available yet.

Contact Dan Frost if you want to get that not-finished extension.

> - What can it do?

s.a.

> - How do we add new words to the DB?

Just SQL.

> - Is there a limit in how many words the explanation may take?

No, I don't think so.

> - CAN we auto-import word/explanation back to the DB?
> And so on...

If not, we can do it by hand (copy/paste) as well. We just need people
to write the explanations once.

> Has anyone tried to reach Dan Frost about this?

No.

> Does he read this ML?

I guess not.

cheers,