[Typo3-doc] TYPO3 Glossary

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Tue Oct 19 17:33:44 CEST 2004

Sorry to be negative, but shouldn´t we first find out how the
words/explanations should be used/put back into the glossary
extension before we ask for help?

- Is there an extension for handling the glossary?
- What can it do?
- How do we add new words to the DB?
- Is there a limit in how many words the explanation may take?
- CAN we auto-import word/explanation back to the DB?
And so on...

Has anyone tried to reach Dan Frost about this? Does he read
this ML?

> "The Community wants you!" along with an (altered!) pic like this
> http://www.usarc.army.mil/91div/4bde/index.2.gif
>
> We always knew that many TYPO3 users wanted to give something back to the
> community and just felt that they have nothing interesting to say. And not
> all of you out there are programmers which could code a supercool new
> extension. But now that has changed! Share your knowledge with us and go and
> help us filling out the brand new wiki-based <link>TYPO3 glossary</link>!

The header should tell what it´s all about and it should be
short. (Maybe even shorter then the following...)

-------------
"Help with the TYPO3 Glossary
Now you have a chance to give something back to the TYPO3
community! Share your knowledge and go help us fill out the
brand new <link>TYPO3 glossary</link>!

We need explanations for many different words, from "admin user"
to "XML". And if everyone helps with one or two words, we'll
soon have a complete glossary!

But please keep it short and read the explanation on top of the
Glossary page. Thank you for your help!"