[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sun Nov 28 15:51:31 CET 2004

Hi Andrew,
>>I'm not a Wiki expert so I don't really know which is the best way to do
>>this.  You have got a section for suggesting new words, what about for
>>suggesting to remove words?  For example, I have been filling in what I
>>can for the glossary but I think that there is no need to have "plugin"
>>defined because it is the same as extension and I have already added
>>plugin to the extension related terms.
>>

> Actually after further thought plugin may be a bad example - it may be
> worth having this as a separate item, however there are a number of
> others which could be removed or perhaps combined so there is one
> definition with all similar terms listed.

I am the one trying to keep an eye on the Glossary and now and
then "transfer" the explanined word into the MySQL database...

And I would appreciate if you *do not remove* or add any word
within the A-Z range of the Glossary. Thank you!

(If you do remove/add words inside A-Z, this will be very
confusing for me and make my work more time consuming. And I
don´t need that, right now. Moving the explained word by hand
into the database take enought time as it is...)

If you want to suggest a word to remove either:

1. Post the words (and an explanation why it should be removed)
in this news group

2. Make a new section at the end of the Glossary page, with the
title "Suggested words to remove".

3. Write an email to me with the word and explanation why it
should be removed.

> Also, I have noticed that there are a a lot of words to be defined which
> are TypoScript "key words" such as userFunc but there are more which are
> not listed, e.g. dayofweek, dayofmonth?  Should we be defining these
> terms in the glossary when definitions are available in the TSRef
> documents already?

Right now we just want to have the explnanations ready. *Then* I
think it is time to see which word should be in or removed, if
the explanations are good enought, how to make the best use of
the Glossary DB and so on.

But please, if you don´t want to "take over" this work, let me
do it in my own time... Thank you very much!

--

/Peter Kindström