[Typo3-doc] client documentation

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Nov 27 13:49:39 CET 2004

Hi,
>> It's about the documentation that the clients of TYPO3 users.
>
>> We never really talked about the end user, the client that has also
>> the need to know a little bit about TYPO3. To my knowledge there are
>> only a few docs on the docMatrix that are explicitly for clients
>> (editors). Most of the docs are for TYPO3 users.

I suppose Editor documents are considered client docs (in this
case) and Developer documents are not. Right?

But does client docs include what I call Administrator
documents? Like how to handle users, how to configure (by TS in
the BE) Typo3 and how to make a tamplate?

> A lot of End user doc is in a way into the new BE Manual/CSH (Context
> Sensitive Help). Ok it doesn't cover bests practices or don't give an
> overview but at least it's alway available.

My ideas is that there should be four main documents covering this:

- Typo3 Introduction
    http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Introduction

- Typo3 Editors Manual
    http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Editors_Manual

- Typo3 Editors Reference
    http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Editors_Reference

- Typo3 Getting Started Tutorial

Explanation I:
Follow the links for a more detailed idea of TOC for the
documents. Gettings Started is the original one found at typo3.org.

Explanation II:
The first three documents are "the same" as the last one. The
differens is that the first three are written as manuals and the
last one written as a tutorial. Do you know what I mean?

Explanation III:
Typo3 Editors Reference should in reality be incorperated into
Typo3 - in the Manual section or CSH. I think the other ones
mainly should be kept outside Typo3. Why? Mostly because I like
to read on paper and not on screen. And I don´t think I am alone...?

Explanation IV:
Add to this all the Editor parts of the different extension
manuals and you get a good start for the client documentation. Or?

Opinions?

--

/Peter Kindström