[Typo3-doc] DocTEAM leader vote OPEN

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Nov 13 12:19:33 CET 2004

> To me it looks like the project seems to focus on inexisting problems.

I have the opposite opinion!
IMHO, this attitude that "If you have an idea and if you want to
realize it, then go ahead" is not good for the community.

I want to add "but first talk to the project leader to
syncronise your work"

This "inexisting problem" make us users have 4-5 different
installation manuals, 2-3 different forum extensions, 4-5 file
manager extension and so on. And sometimes still none of them is
fully working!

The most strange thing is those extensions that just extends an
existing extension (I think News+ is something like that?). Why
not incorperate them into the existing extensions (as an
configurable option, maybe) instead of making new ones?

My vision is that this should not happen with the documentation
and I think this is the most important task for a DocTeam
leader! To syncronise the documentation effort!

> A leader should respect the comments of the team and not try to override
> their ideas with a big veto.

Hmmm, is that what you (and others) think I am doing? Try to
override peoples ideas?

Well, I think *someone* has to stop endless discussions by
suggesting a compromise that is good for *the community*. And
yes, that sometimes ends up in decisions not good for a separate
individual...

> If you have an idea and if you want to realize it, then go ahead. Some
> people will argue that it's a bad idea and that they have "sooo much better
> suggestion" but unfortunately, they will not help after their shout - an
> unfortunate but well-known story.

And why not try to compromise? Of course you seldom get two
people to agree 100% and that is where the team leader comes in.
He/she listens to the arguments and them try to have the two
agree on a compromise which is best for the community!

If we solved things this way instead of telling people to do it
their own way, I think we would have much more quality instead
of quantity in this community...

> My vote: First come, first serve. Close the voting and continue acting as
> the team leader (...what you're obviously doing already - it's fine!)

Please note that on the voting page...

--

/Peter Kindström