[Typo3-doc] docBook

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Fri Nov 12 18:34:47 CET 2004

Hi Christian,

Christian Trabold wrote:

>> I'd like to know more about docBook and where it's advantages are in
>> terms of creating documentation and working in a team.
> how great you mention DocBook here (thought the whole list is only about
> wiki-stuff :)). DocBook is an issue I'm highly interested in, too.

I'm quite interested, too.

But:

  « About XML editors, you are encouraged not to use intelligent WYSIWYG
  XML editors, such as XML Spy, because the often friendly auto-indent,
  and optimize features can make the XML files so different from the one
  you started the work with, that the diff posted to our mailing lists
  and used by translators will be useless. Emacs is also available for
  Windows if you would like to give it a try ;) »

Vim also is available under Windows, but to my knowledge it doesn't have
really good support function for XML, you must write them.

Also the development suite needed to write DocBook is very huge !

> So I took some _very little_ research and what I can tell you is this:
> <http://www.php.net/manual/howto/chapter-framework.html>

Thanks.

Could you do some testing too ?
--