[Typo3-doc] Glossary status 9 Nov 2004

Rainer Suthoelder t3 at 1zu6-design.de
Thu Nov 11 21:53:19 CET 2004

> At last, someone that know somethink about the Glossary! As I
> wrote, I have been guessing what the intentions with this
> extension where. Now I know a little more, but...

you're welcome =:o)

> Does this mean that you think we should put the explanation
> *both* under "CSS" *and* under "Cascading Style Sheet" on the
> wiki page???
> And in that case, how do you intend to keep them both syncronised?

no, not the explanations, but the 2 terms should appear. in my eyes, this is
true for every TYPO3 related abbreviation (like TLO, FE, BE and so on). this
terms should be found when browsing the alphabetical list (this is like
flipping the pages of a printed glossary and should be kept as a feature!!!)

the description should then go to either one of the both terms, be it the
long form (Cascading Style Sheet) or the abbreviation (CSS).

the term that doesn't get explained must be linked with the one that is
explained ("Cascading Style Sheet": see <link>CSS<link>)

but this should be applied in a coherent way across the whole glossary. so
there is something to decide here:
where do we put the descriptions of abbreviations: to the abbreviated term
or to the long form of the word?

personally, i vote for the abbreviation =:o) (1:0)

> Doesn´t it get controlled when we put in back into the database
> again? But as long as this extension isn´t finished, I think the
> wiki is the best place. At least something gets done...  ;-)

yeah, i think that in the end kasper (or dave) will take care of it (as long
we deliver an xml file with the glossary content).

one more thing that is annoying: the incoherent way small and capital
letters are used within the glossary. maybe this should be fixed as well.

and a last thing: as i amended in the preface of the glossary: no additional
content apart from terms should go into it. i didn't dare to delete the
little howto section, which is appended to one of the terms - but it
shouldn't be there.

rainer