[Typo3-doc] IMPORTANT: new DocTEAM leader discussion / vote

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Mon Nov 8 22:33:21 CET 2004

Hi Peter,

Thanks giving me the change to speak about teamwork, leadership, and
defending my own ideas about TYPO3 documentation.

I've setup the page for voting. Peter please approve it.
I was expecting it much more sooner. :-\ Sorry for the delay.

Peter Kindström wrote:
>>> I never got any answers, so I have not done anything (yet)...
>> I don't remember you've asked for anything about that ?
>> But I may have missed it. :-\
> Yes, probably. Look in the threads:
> * [Typo3-doc] TYPO3 Glossary
> * [Typo3-doc] Finish Installation Basics?

Your right, I didn't answer you on those thread. Sorry I though it were
ok with other people speaking about that topic. I will not answer it in
this thread but would be happy to help you about that.

> Ok, but what are your goals? "Where" do you intend to take the
> documentation?

My Goal, is first to have a team !

It seems that a lot of people have idea, but right now we didn't manage
to put our effort together.

With a real team I think we could well organize our work. That's why I
encourage people to contact us and write their experience in the wiki. I
also written 2 recruiting invitation and asked for the third in German.

I also tend to identify who is in charge of some tasks in TYPO3
community. Then I can ask for special thing.

For example, I want to promote the wiki as our main documentation tool.
It's really great now, since we stopped spam. :-)

A good promotion for the wiki would be having it presented in the TYPO3
Documentation Library main page. (http://typo3.org/documentation/)

I'm going to ask our leader to gain write access to this page. When I
would know who he is. ;-)

I'm also going to promote the DocTEAM and the Wiki at T3FRMEETING2004
and at T3BOARD2005.

> Do you want official Typo3 documentation or do you have other ideas? How
> would you get it done?

Yes official TYPO3 document is a good idea.

Is that the topic you mentioned in our previous discussion «DocTEAM
goals discussion» ?

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2004-October/000877.html

I'm waiting your mark about which document should become «Official».
Then I can import them first in the wiki.

> Do you want to change (back) the structure according to my and Rainers
> ideas or...?

or... ;-)

Yes of course, we could modify the structure. That's why I've explained
the one I've made and how I think it contains also your structure proposal.

I've setup the structure page for that. Which is linked from the
introduction.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/The_structure

But you didn't participate yet. :-(

>> You have many good idea I think, just join the team, it will be
>> perfect. :-)
> Well, I am trying to - why not as a DocTeam leader? :-)

Yes, why not. :-)
Let's the vote decide.

> It is much easier to do it that way and it would not interfere with your
> work, would it?

Probably not, I've accepted the role of DocTEAM leader given by Patrick
and Kasper, because I think that what I already do. ;-) That way I can
do it officially. :-D

But respecting the DocTEAM open mind, I've asked in this list before for
approval.

And respecting it again now, I'm waiting for reader's vote.
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.