[Typo3-documentation] Hello

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Jun 29 16:39:58 CEST 2004

Hello Sridhar

> I am a new to Typo3 and am not a programmer and don't know Linux. I am just
> a average user who uses shared web hosting for his CMS needs.I wrote a
> tutorial on installation of Typo3 on my blog @
> http://sridhar.f2o.org/index.php?p=120.

I had a look at it really quick and I think it's usefull for all the
webspace users at least for a start. It might need to go more into
detail at some places and it would also benefit, as you mentioned, from
some screenshots.

> Patrick invited me to this newsgroup. I shall soon post my guide on wiki.

I made a space for you to add it to the Wiki.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Webspace

> However I have to mention I would do a much better job at documentation by
> including screenshots for each step if I can get hosting elsewhere. Doing a
> second install of Typo3 for documentation at my current host is not an
> option for me. So, if any of you could provide me FTP access to a web host I
> shall do a first class job on writing the guide for those on a shared
> hosting account w/ no shell access.

Unfortunatly I cannot help you with that at the moment. Maybe in a few
weeks. Would you need it temporarly or are you looking for some free
webspace?

> I am not new to documentation and have been active in Tikiwiki's doc group.
> I did video tutorials (sans sound) for Tikiwiki.
> http://tikiwiki.org/TikiMovies
>
> I hope I can contribute and mainly learn from all of you.

If you are experienced with Wiki you might be helpful with some practice
hints like tips & tricks. Maybe you could analyze what we have so far
and give us some feedback.

Jean-Marie

PS: One question for Wiki experienced. Can I have a link popup in a new
window?