[Typo3-documentation] Installation Docs [was: german tutorial for installing typo3 3.6.1 onsuse 9.1]

Steffen Mueller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 24 13:04:12 CEST 2004

Hi.

On 24.06.2004 01:51 Michael Stucki wrote:

> I really like the idea of splitting this in two documents (at least):
> - LAMP installation
> - TYPO3 installation
>
> As I already said, I'd like that you focus on the second part

You mean this one?
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Debian

In Lars' doc it's page 32 f.
AMP and Typo3 installation is mixed in there. In my opinion, a complete
seperation is not possible for Debian: installation with "apt-get
install" installd typo3 and AMP in one step with debconf doing some nice
configuration on httpd.conf and php.ini. And after that you still have
to reconfigure both a bit.
It seems the typo3-env package makes Debian installation so easy, that
writing a strucured doc becomes nightmare. ;-)

> Further, this second part would match almost any configuration which means
> that we have no more redundancy in any TYPO3 install manual (since it's
> obviously the only manual from this moment).

Typo3-Debian installation matches only Debian and isn't very useful for
Gentoo for example.
As it is not clear to me what part you mean, could you please explain
that to me?

> BTW, is Lars reading this list? I sent an invitation to him but never got a
> reply. Lars, are you working or in Portugal?? ;-)

Pleeeeeeeeeeease, let's stop discussing anything related to Portugal :(

--
cheers,
Steffen