[Typo3-documentation] Wiki structure

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Thu Jun 17 14:43:43 CEST 2004

> What do you mean with that?

Peter structures looks like this:

1 Installation
2 User
2.1 Tutorials
2.2 Manuals
2.3 Tips and Troubleshooting
2.4 Reference

I click on 1 and the anchor points me to

Typo3 Installation Basics - work in progress (Jean-Marie Schweizer)
Typo3 Apache/PHP/mySQL Installation - only short description

I click on Typo3 Installation Basics and I land on a new TOC

1 Introduction
1.1 What does it do?
1.2 What does it not do?
6 How to install on
6.1 Linux/Unix
6.1.1 Debian
6.1.2 RedHat

I click on Debian and instead of directly going to the article the
anchor points me to the Debian link that I have to click first to get to
the Debian article.

1. With direct link I mean if that could be avoided.
2. The overall structure would be nicer like this

1 Installation
1.1 Typo3 Installation Basics
1.1.1 Introduction
1.1.1.1 What does it do?
1.1.1.2 What does it not do?
1.1.6 How to install on
1.1.6.1 Linux/Unix
1.1.6.1.1 Debian
1.1.6.1.2 RedHat

It's easier to reference even if the levels go deep. I'm also thinking
that helping in the mailing list could go like this.

The answer to your questions is at 1.1.6.1.1.7.1.2. Permissions

I know it looks crazy but I think if we could have one big document
split up in many articles and how one structured reference we would have
a much easier time as we go along.

Maybe I'm the only one, who thinks like that?

Jean-Marie