[Typo3-documentation] Wiki pics/pages naming convention

Peter Kindström peter289 at telia.com
Wed Jun 16 18:12:18 CEST 2004

> Maybe it's not a good idea to do it that way.  I'm pretty sure we'll end
> up using same TOC entries all over the document structure and therefor
> ending up with the same name.

True, I think thats why Sebastian wrote this on the Main
wiki pages Discussion page:

"Hi, I have changed the TOC, so all links have (XDG) for
eXtension Developers Guide appended now. This was done to
make sure different "Books" won't interfere."

> I'm not sure how wiki works internally but e.g. Typo3 works with an
> internal page id that is unique regardless if you rename or move the
> page. If it would be possible to find out that unique id we could have a
> more solid connection to the article.

I thing the unique id is the name that you give the
link/page, like "Overall_documentation_structure". And thats
why we have to think twice before using links like
"Installation".

Maybe some sort of prefix should be used...? Like the TER
extension key?

Or is this maybe not a big problem? Maybe the wiki can
handle it?

/Peter Kindström