[Typo3-documentation] Wiki structure

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Jun 15 18:47:14 CEST 2004

I started a new post on that topic since it seems to me that will have
some discussing potential.

 From Sebastians post 'Wiki - hello'

 > The other problem is what is already discussed here:
 > Should we create big documents like "ExtDevGuide (XDG)" or should
 > we rather have many really small documents and then just a TOC
 > linking all of the small documents together? Or do we want that we
 > have a complete
 > "Book" XDG?

I guess for a user it will be easiest if we could keep one clean TOC for
all manuals (wouldn't that be easier for linking too?).

Peter started one with the overall structure.

1 Overall document structure
1.1 Installation
1.2 Configuration
1.3 User Tutorials
1.4 User documentation
1.5 User Reference
1.6 Developer Tutorials
1.7 Developer Documentation
1.8 Developer Reference
1.9 Miscellaneous
1.10 Extension manuals

I started with Typo3 Installation Basics which should be 1.1.1.  and
start with 1.1.1.1 etc. However it started with 1 again, which on one
hand is easy to read but on the other hand is confusing, isn't it?

Although we would end up with 8 or 9 Levels it still seems to me, that
the user benefits from having a clean TOC.

The question here seems to be if it's possible to link a TOC content to
a new article directly. Right now it functions as an anchor to a
position inside an article.

Jean-Marie