[Typo3-documentation] The_New_Documentation_Team_Process

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Fri Jul 30 17:14:22 CEST 2004

> I wasn't clear enough I realize. I was more talking about the fact that
> we keep writing about things we already discussed in this group before
> and we get into the same problem like the other NGs that if people don't
> read all the previous posts (which I actually don't blame them for since
> there would be a *lot* to read) they come up with questions and ideas
> about subjects that have been covered and I rather *link* to an article
> than keep writing the same thing (very much like I started with the
> other NGs).
>

> We also should settle on things and maybe have an article about those
> settlements, of course, again, subject to change.

A very wise person once suggested to me to use the Wiki.  ;-)

> About who can and cannot decide, I'm not sure if we really need those
> rules, becaue I believe that most people wouldn't dare just to change
> something just because they feel like it.
>
> But you're right, it should be some sort of a team decision where the
> team is whoever is reading the newsgroup for right now. I also believe
> that we don't really have much to decide that could be written in stone
> and would have big consequences and yet writing it down for others to
> bring themselves up-to-date would be helpful (I guess).

I can vouch for the fact that it would be helpful... after all... when I
came to this NG... everyone was probably frustrated by me making the *same*
suggestions they had made earlier. :-)

I can actually see now how the Wiki can be *very* useful as community tool.
What a great place where we could setup a structure like:

<!-- Changed my mind... instead of posting my structure here, I will go
create it on the Wiki! -->

:-)