[Typo3-documentation] The_New_Documentation_Team_Process

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Fri Jul 30 15:25:16 CEST 2004

>>> My goal would be to specifiy
>>>
>>> 1. Minimum requirements of the person who wants to work with TYPO3.
>>> 2. Core decissions that are made in this  NG. Subject to change of
>>> course.

> 2. I have thought of that for a while. It is hard to do, but not
> impossible. But I think it is a bit meaningless since we have no rules
> of order for how to change these decisions. Something like this:
>
> §1
> The DocTEAM should consist of minimum three, and maximun seven members.
> One of the members should be DocTEAM leader and have the casting vote
> for decisions.
> (Kasper is considered an additional member?)
>
> §2
> The DocTEAM has the final decision of the following tasks:
>  - The main documentation structure (both in wiki and typo3.org)
>  - When a document is to be considered final
>  - When a document is to deleted
>  - ???

I wasn't clear enough I realize. I was more talking about the fact that
we keep writing about things we already discussed in this group before
and we get into the same problem like the other NGs that if people don't
read all the previous posts (which I actually don't blame them for since
there would be a *lot* to read) they come up with questions and ideas
about subjects that have been covered and I rather *link* to an article
than keep writing the same thing (very much like I started with the
other NGs).

We also should settle on things and maybe have an article about those
settlements, of course, again, subject to change.

About who can and cannot decide, I'm not sure if we really need those
rules, becaue I believe that most people wouldn't dare just to change
something just because they feel like it.

But you're right, it should be some sort of a team decision where the
team is whoever is reading the newsgroup for right now. I also believe
that we don't really have much to decide that could be written in stone
and would have big consequences and yet writing it down for others to
bring themselves up-to-date would be helpful (I guess).

Jean-Marie