[Typo3-documentation] Let's start filling some content!

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Thu Jul 29 07:10:04 CEST 2004

Okay... So I'm ready to start contributing on the Wiki...

I went back and read every message in this NG... very motivated I went to
the Wiki page... and then...

I have no idea where I am *supposed* to start filling things in...

For example, I thought an easy addition/contribution would be my update to
make the MTB - Part 1 actually work... this created (for me) some dilemas:

#1.) Where do I add this to the Wiki?  There is seemingly no obvious place
to add this to the "Documentation Guide" setup by Johannes (which I agree
seems like a great structure to fill in!) And if I go to the Administrator
Tutorials, the MTB document is "Finished" (appears to me like "no more info
needed") -- clicking on the link, I get the document currently in the
Document Matrix... so do I "annotate" this document?

#2.) Assuming that I resolve *where* to put my correction/addition to the
code, who is available from this team or another team to verify that my
*fix* isn't something that only made it work for me, or to validate that it
is in fact a problem or change that needs to be made?

#3.) If I follow through with my suggestions from my earlier posts, it is
unclear where I should actually place these... since I only saw one vote
*for* my (perhaps overly structured) vision ... my guess is I will need to
create my own wiki, and document repository.. which is the way I'm leaning
now...

All of this reminds me of common saying... that if you want an organization
to go nowhere... run it by committee... :-)

Perhaps what we need as a group is to set up an organizational structure ---
since nobody likes my long posts, I will start a new thread on this.

news:mailman.1.1091073180.11682.typo3-project-documentation at lists.netfielders.de...