[Typo3-documentation] Document guide

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jul 28 20:24:39 CEST 2004

>> * I believe your suggestion is more a guideline than a basic overall
>> documentation structure. And like you wrote, we need a guide to the
>> Typo3 documentation.
>
> Well thats why i will not enter it, actually i wouldnt put it "just"
> somewhere, once again some usability hidden somewhere in the *huge*
> typo3 project but instead on the frontpage.

Fine with me.  ;-)
I hope you have notised that right now you and I have different
goals with the wiki:

You want it to be a place where newbies can find (all?)
documentation for Typo3, and...

I want it to be a project place where we can restructure and
create new documents for both newbies and experinced
Users/editors, Administrators and Developers.

> Ok. Good point ;) - i tend to bark louder then i bite. But actually i
> would love to see just *something* happen - right now i feel with this
> list "oh great, i can talk now but hey what for?"

Maybe you are looking the wrong way?
Look at the pages about Installation, Upgrade, Extension
Developers Guide and Calendar... and contribute there!

  - i made a stylesheet
> someone didnt like. i said yeah, there is ONE color in the body which
> could be changed. Simple problems i couldnt solve and things that are a
> matter of taste i can´t completly decide. But nothing happened.  The
> style with the better heading sizes etc.. was not set up, the whole
> group was not able to check it out - the discussion is just between the
> two people who feel like checking out that sheet.

You expect us to upload a CSS that makes text invisible?! And do
you expect someone else (me?) to fix that for you? Please...

> And if you finally
> (when?) set it up there will be still someone unhappy. why not give room
> for improvement? you have to throw a stone in the river so it gets
> rounder and rounder by time.

I don´t consider invisible text an improvment...
BTW, have you read my post about Having your own CSS?

>> What do you think? An acceptable compromise?
>
> No, its showing once again the typo3-problem in general. Focusing on
> expirienced *coders* first, trying to make it compatible with newbies
> afterwards. If expirienced people cant use an easy structure for
> newbies, who will then?

This strenghten my belive that your structure should be a
"Newbies Guide to Typo3 documentation"...

But, you get us wrong!
You seem to have ONLY newbies in mind. And we want to focus on
newbies, but ALSO produce documentation for other Typo3 users.

If you can´t accept a structure that also take in consideration
other users than newbies, I belive the Main page is not the
place for your structure suggestion...

But, of course, this is only my point of view.

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM