[Typo3-documentation] Don't know how this will go over...

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Jul 28 19:32:32 CEST 2004

> I am also beginning to see that... perhaps all along I have been confused
> about the purose of the Wiki.  Is it to create documentation, or to link to
> the Documentation Matrix document and comment/discuss/add to outside of the
> document "source"?  If it is the latter than how do we incorporate the
> changes that need to be made?  If it is the former, than how can we get the
> SWX format moved into Wiki?  How can we move to Wiki while keeping the
> documents in a manner that can easily be printed?

Here it is again. My opinion on this (maybe I should write an article in
the Wiki and just link to it) :-)

The following is a vision once the Wiki is fully developed:

1. Wiki is the main source for information about TYPO3.
2. Writers develop, extend and maintain documentations on Wiki.
3. SXW and PDF documents are extracted from the Wiki with a conversion
tool and publish for download and offline printing.
4. ML/NG questions are answere with links Wiki for individual solutions.
5. New issues from ML/NG will be added to the Wiki.

Of course, some documents will stay in SXW, e.g. if Kasper is keeping up
the TSref and doesn't want to work with Wiki.

Jean-Marie