[Typo3-documentation] Document guide

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jul 28 19:10:07 CEST 2004

Hi all

Johannes wrote
 > Typo3 in a nutshell is just missing - the guide which directs
 > you so i can follow every step, the guide which says
 > "allright, you can do this and that with typo with this and
 > that way, but the most common and future-compatible way is
 > this and that"

Why not start by making a new wiki page with your structure:
  http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation guide

Then I can put a link to it in the Shortcut section of the Main
page. Why do I suggest this and not want to alter the existing
wiki structure? Because:

* I believe your suggestion is more a guideline than a basic
overall documentation structure. And like you wrote, we need a
guide to the Typo3 documentation.

* Right now we aim at writers, not readers. And I believe the
present structure is more suitable for writers (creators).

* We can visually see if the structure is useful. And when you
fill it with real documents/links we can test in in real life.

* We also see that you really finish what you start and do not
say "sorry, I have no time to finish this. (Sorry, I just had

* In the future (when we have enought good documentation) we can
probably switch the structures, so that we then aim at readers
and the writers "goes into the background".

What do you think? An acceptable compromise?

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM