[Typo3-documentation] Short response... I promise! :-)

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Wed Jul 28 18:09:45 CEST 2004

> I don't want to spoil your enhusiasm about your way of working but just
> realize that, unless you proof it to be easier than the Wiki, I am not
> going to work on SXW or PDF.

I agree.  From my "step outline" what I am saying is that everyone
collaborates in Wiki (not SXW / PDF); a document "manager" is responsible
for releasing the Wiki version into a printable format.  In fact, I only
mention those formats because they currently exist;

I don't care if it is all in Wiki, but I do think the documentation still
ultimately needs to be easily printed out and in a nice format... it should
look like a nice, easy to follow document when printed-- and not a
discussion group, which is my concern if Wiki goes wild.

I'm sure that many print the documentation so they can easily have it in
front of them in hard-copy while working on the screen in TYPO3 trying out
the tutorials etc.  Maybe I'm the only one? :-)

Hmm.... had another idea (sorry! :-)  ) each document could have a rating
and comment/review section.  This would allow us (I'm including myself now)
to quantify how well we are improving the documentation; and allow others to
point out issues with the document's usability.  I'll have to think on
whether that could replace the NG idea... or if I'd want to restrict it to
just rating and comment on usability/mistakes - and keep NG for "help with
docs".

I am in the US Navy, and will be most likely be gone from September -
December.. so perhaps everyone will get a break from my ideas/posts! :-)