[Typo3-documentation] Don't know how this will go over...

Johannes Reichardt info at gramba.tv
Wed Jul 28 12:20:17 CEST 2004

> If you have been following the discussions here, you know that the
> only point of writing the documentations by this group is to write
> newbie-friendly, that is to improve the existing documents that are
> mostly written for admins and programmers.

Ok didnt realize that, just wanted to point it out though ;)

> It's all planned but somebody has actually to start working on it.

Right now i am working with high pressure on my first extension with
typo3 (thats why i may sound harsh sometims ;) )
I plan to put all my expirience of this in a big tutorials which shows
exactly what i had to dig through to get a good result. Thats the best i
can contribute, hopefully other people do that as well.

that leads to another problem. Right now i feel like many pros on the
list are so overhelmed with learning typo3 that they dont feel like
sharing more than the extension (if they actually do) - so often its
like "well i did all this stuff for you now get yourself a picture and
fiddel for weeks like i did - you get nothing for free"

> That's why he not only needs programmers that help him coding and
> documentation the source code but a lot of people, who IMHO don't have
> to have that big a knowledge, that write on the documentation.
>
> My guess is that the documenting project will take several months and
> even years with approx 50 people contributing on a regular basis to
> get somewhere. Then we can talk about a real change, otherwise we are
> trying to keep up with what we have now.

We could be a little picky about some things. we could ask kasper what
is the best way to go because we dont want to make docs for pretty
outdated things - kasper refuses to find the "best way of doing things"
with typo3 (which i find a little annoying ;) - so maybe we could do
that as well - that would help a lot to bring light in the bungle-djungle.

- Johannes