[Typo3-documentation] Another short response... I promise!!

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Jul 28 12:12:36 CEST 2004

Coby Pachmayr wrote:

> "Sylvain Viart" <sylvain at ledragon.net> wrote in message
> news:mailman.28.1091004264.13468.typo3-project-documentation at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Jean-Marie Schweizer wrote:
>>
>>>I realize that I just don't have time to read everything you write. I
>>>tend to skip not following everything. It's not that I think that it is
>>>no valuable but a lot of what you are saying has been covered and would
>>>be appreciated but it has to be done, not only written about it.
>>
>>I must agree with Jean-Marie, Coby you are a good writer and produce
>>very long mail. ;-)
>>

> Again, my apologies... I waited a long time to begin posting... everything
> just came out at once I guess! :-)
>

>>Just, start installing TYPO3 and document your experience in the Wiki
>>with us. It will be more valuable and less time consuming that this
>>long, but interesting, discussion. :-)
>>--
>

> Here in lies the problem.... I don't feel *expert* enough to document
> TYPO3... what I *do* feel expert enough about is my experience with the
> documentation, and my ability to "organize".  Thus my offer to help spell /
> grammar check, and suggestion for a type of "structure" ... but since I
> can't even figure out (or find in documentation) what I need to resolve my
> current RTE / FE transformation problem... I don't see how I can document
> anything technical... and feel the documentation and newsgroup structure as
> it exists now actually make the learning process longer.

You obviously have high standards and that is great, but sometimes
lowering your standards and just trusting that what you write will be
understood and even improved by somebody who knows better, you can help
better than by just waiting for the time you consider yourself worthy
enough.

Believe me. I still consider myself a newbie and I've been working with
(or writing about) for a few weeks now.

As far as proofreading... Go ahead, you can start with all my  stuff.
Anything you feel up to, just do it. The Wiki will not bite and we
certainly don't bite anyone who helps (we might argue but we don't bite).

Jean-Marie