[Typo3-documentation] Short response... I promise! :-)

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Jul 28 12:00:54 CEST 2004

Coby Pachmayr wrote:

> "Jean-Marie Schweizer" <jms at marktauftritte.ch> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1.1091002195.27135.typo3-project-documentation at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>Hi Coby
>>
>>I realize that I just don't have time to read everything you write. I
>>tend to skip not following everything. It's not that I think that it is
>>no valuable but a lot of what you are saying has been covered and would
>>be appreciated but it has to be done, not only written about it.
>

> I apologize for the long winded responses! :-)  Many weeks of reading
> documentation, and getting frustrated (not upset though) all coming out at
> once I guess! :-)
>

>>Therefore I have a suggestions. Since you seem to have a clear idea of
>>how it should be, instead of writing about it, do it. Start with
>>something and come up with a solution that satisfies your needs.
>>
>>I don't see anything that could 'hurt' TYPO3 that you want to do but
>>just improve it. I agree with some of it with parts of it , like the
>>many NG, you just don't have a supporter in me. But if you manage the
>>NGs and get it run, why not.
>>

> I would be happy to setup newsgroups on my sever... but then I feel I would
> be adding to the already overload of multiple sources that users have to go
> for information... I want to *consolidate* not expand.

I don't think you need to do that. You can ask for NG here. If you get
enough supports (not me) ;-) you'll get the NG that you want.

>>As soon as you put down your ideas in practice it will be clear to all
>>of us what the bigger picture behind your ideas is and it can be taken
>>into consideration on a more permanent basis.

> I would love to "put it into practice" ... but I don't see how on my *own*
> this would be done, anymore than any other single person doing it.  I don't
> own the documentation... I don't yet know the procedures (I suppose this is
> "documented" somewhere) the procedure for fixing and uploading corrected
> SWX, PDF files... and I don't want to be a rebel... I'd rather it be a team
> effort.  Perhaps if I made a visual diagram and "mock" versions and posted
> them on my site, perhaps visually it would be "clearer" and not require so
> many words.

That is the point. Nobody can solve the problem on their own. But
somebody has to start, other will follow.

I agree if you want to take the hard road by working with SXW, go ahead.
There is a documentation about how to write for typo3.org by Kasper
somewhere with all the regulations you'll need.

I encourage you to work with the Wiki because then you'll have support
immediatly or at least faster than with SXW (just because it's to
complicated to work in a team that way).

Jean-Marie