[Typo3-documentation] Short response... I promise! :-)

Coby Pachmayr coby at _remove_ideaspring.com
Wed Jul 28 11:39:39 CEST 2004

"Jean-Marie Schweizer" <jms at marktauftritte.ch> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1091002195.27135.typo3-project-documentation at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Coby
>
> I realize that I just don't have time to read everything you write. I
> tend to skip not following everything. It's not that I think that it is
> no valuable but a lot of what you are saying has been covered and would
> be appreciated but it has to be done, not only written about it.

I apologize for the long winded responses! :-)  Many weeks of reading
documentation, and getting frustrated (not upset though) all coming out at
once I guess! :-)

> Therefore I have a suggestions. Since you seem to have a clear idea of
> how it should be, instead of writing about it, do it. Start with
> something and come up with a solution that satisfies your needs.
>
> I don't see anything that could 'hurt' TYPO3 that you want to do but
> just improve it. I agree with some of it with parts of it , like the
> many NG, you just don't have a supporter in me. But if you manage the
> NGs and get it run, why not.

I would be happy to setup newsgroups on my sever... but then I feel I would
be adding to the already overload of multiple sources that users have to go
for information... I want to *consolidate* not expand.

> As soon as you put down your ideas in practice it will be clear to all
> of us what the bigger picture behind your ideas is and it can be taken
> into consideration on a more permanent basis.

I would love to "put it into practice" ... but I don't see how on my *own*
this would be done, anymore than any other single person doing it.  I don't
own the documentation... I don't yet know the procedures (I suppose this is
"documented" somewhere) the procedure for fixing and uploading corrected
SWX, PDF files... and I don't want to be a rebel... I'd rather it be a team
effort.  Perhaps if I made a visual diagram and "mock" versions and posted
them on my site, perhaps visually it would be "clearer" and not require so
many words.