[Typo3-documentation] Stylesheeet - gave up ;)

Johannes Reichardt info at gramba.tv
Sat Jul 24 19:35:09 CEST 2004

> I want headers that looks like in a newspaper - space above, but
> (nearly) no space under. That is more readable, since you get more
> consistend paragraphs and more distict spaces between them.

Do it :)

> The Standard skin is already done like that! And the Cologna Blue is
> almost done like that so it is just MonoBooks that need this header
> adjustment!

I didnt change anything with spaces etc...

> It is too much. Most design tips suggest one or maybe two colors in
> addition to black, grey and white. Of course there are exceptions, but
> mostly this concept is an easy way of getting nice looking web pages.
>
> With your suggested CSS I get 4 colors, at least in my browser: Body,
> borders, links and menu background...

Yeah you´re right. Personally i don´t care much about the colors, maybe
it looks better without the green - i like the blue and the orange actually.

> No!
> In your CSS the icons after links in MonoBook are missing and the
> links in the footer are the same as the footer background... so they
> are invisible!

Hmm... strange these icons, don´t know where they´re from.

> And your CSS "mess up" the other skins by adding too much space to the
> left of the content.

Well, thats why i gave up. This css is a mess and i dont feel like
cleaning it all up - it looks like they wanted to style the whole world
with this sheet, i don´t have time for such things (sorry, sounds harsh)

The most important thing is the fonts and the headers to my opinion - as
long as these are clean the wiki is a big step forward.

- Johannes