[Typo3-documentation] Wiki: Links to documentation on Typo3.org

Johannes Reichardt info at gramba.tv
Thu Jul 22 16:38:30 CEST 2004

Hi Frank

> I do not agree. If you do not user links it will happen that the same
> documentation will be written twice or more often.
> However it could be possible, to copy all documentation to wiki. But
> who will synchronize it with to other documentation?

Take it easy. Right now the Wiki lacks of a good framework and usability
- the rest should come with promoting and by time. Sometimes it might
make sense to just copy something from the manual, sometimes thats not
needed or a mix of those things is the best. Again: I feel like there
ist focus on too much things without thinking about just the usability.

>> In my eyes, the Wiki is just a tool to create documentation, and
>> should not necessarily be the guide in the jungle of Typo3
>> documentation.
>

> I think, all the already solved problems should be written to the
> Wiki. If someone has had difficulties and questions with Typo3 he
> could not solve using the documentation, he should after having
> resolved this write it somewhere down into the wiki. So everyone can
> use this information and does not have to search for it very long.

What is a "solved" problem? Personally i would like to see lots of
typoscript snippets and well footnotes on how to do things best - right
now typo3 is missing a red line across its documentation, noone know
whats better, what shuld be used, what is deprecated and so on. This
could be the task of the wiki - guiding people into a more usable typo3
instead of being a complete reference.

- Johannes