[Typo3-documentation] Wiki: Links to documentation on Typo3.org

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jul 21 21:25:04 CEST 2004

> To sum it up:
>  - you agree with me that the wiki should mainly be a tool to CREATE
>    documentation
>  - and not necessarily be the GUIDE in the jungle of Typo3
>    documentation
>  - but you don't see a way to change Typo3.org to fulfill the task of
>    being that GUIDE
>  - so the Wiki has to take over that role

Be aware that this is MY thoughts, not necessarely the
DocTEAM´s! And one reservation is that this is what I think the
wiki should be used for _right_now_. I believe that this may
change when we see "the true power" of the wiki!

> Actually, I think there is a way to change Typo3.org.
> This [1] page on Typo3.org even states since a long time "This page is
> preliminary - the documentation team will come up with a revised version
> later".
>
> However, I agree with you about the fact, that it is not very easy to
> change the content on Typo3.org always having to ask Kasper.
> So I would propose that you, as the DocTEAM ask Kasper to get Backend
> access in order to be able to change the text on [1] independently from
> him.

Ooops, you have revealed my secret plan!  :-) :-)
My "plan" was to first show Kasper/the community our ideas at
the wiki and then get ok to change typo3.org according to those
ideas.

But maybe we should try getting access to typo3.org doc pages
right now? Who should have that access? And what should be done?

> So as far as I see, that would solve the only reason why you wanted the
> wiki to be that GUIDE in the jungle of Typo3 docs and as this would be
> solved then, there is no need (at least that I know of, any?) to have
> links to Typo3.org docs in the wiki anymore.

One reason to still have the links on the wiki would be for the
writers to easy get an overview when they write / propose new
documents...

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM