[Typo3-documentation] Wiki: Links to documentation on Typo3.org

Ingmar Schlecht ingmars at web.de
Wed Jul 21 12:57:13 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

Peter Kindström wrote:
>>I think if typo3.org is still the main hub of documentation, the wiki
>>doesn't have to have links to that.
>>
>>In my eyes, the Wiki is just a tool to create documentation, and should
>>not necessarily be the guide in the jungle of Typo3 documentation.
>

> True, but since typo3.org has a bad structure (IMHO) and the
> possibilty to change that is small, we have to have that guide
> somewhere - and right now the wiki is the only alternativ! If
> you don't have other ideas, of course?

To sum it up:
  - you agree with me that the wiki should mainly be a tool to CREATE
    documentation
  - and not necessarily be the GUIDE in the jungle of Typo3
    documentation
  - but you don't see a way to change Typo3.org to fulfill the task of
    being that GUIDE
  - so the Wiki has to take over that role

Actually, I think there is a way to change Typo3.org.
This [1] page on Typo3.org even states since a long time "This page is
preliminary - the documentation team will come up with a revised version
later".

However, I agree with you about the fact, that it is not very easy to
change the content on Typo3.org always having to ask Kasper.
So I would propose that you, as the DocTEAM ask Kasper to get Backend
access in order to be able to change the text on [1] independently from him.

So as far as I see, that would solve the only reason why you wanted the
wiki to be that GUIDE in the jungle of Typo3 docs and as this would be
solved then, there is no need (at least that I know of, any?) to have
links to Typo3.org docs in the wiki anymore.

cheers,
Ingmar

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/