[Typo3-documentation] Wiki->SXW - How far are we?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Mon Jul 19 21:04:49 CEST 2004

>> BUT, then the Installation Basics have to be written without some of
>> those small pages (plus the Debian installation) that it refers to
>> right now. We can' t have this:
>>
>> Install Tool
>>    + Check Basic Configuration
>>        + Text Editor
>>        + php.ini
>>        + Restart your webserver
>

> OK, I will get rid of those links to keep it cleaner. I also transfer
> the Debian Installation somewhere else - maybe to FAQ - till we have a
> better place.

I have made a link on the Overview Installation page, under the
header "Existing/finished documents"...

> I trust your judgment and hope you are going to be right. I still prefer
> to see the conversion actually being done and proven to be as easy as
> it's supposed to be but if we have to create the egg first for the
> chicken to be born, let's go for it then.

I hope too...  :-)
But of course I would like to see the conversion tool too, but
to me it sounds like many peolpe want it, but few people want
to/have the skills to do the work - right now. We can´t force
then, so we have to go on (but we give them small hints now and
then and soon they get so tired of us that they make the
conversion tool!  :-)  :-) )

--

/Peter Kindström, DocTEAM