[Typo3-documentation] Wiki->SXW - How far are we?

E. Veelo eveelo at artcenter.edu
Mon Jul 19 08:54:16 CEST 2004

>Deep article / document export should not be a problem with the
>Wiki, we certainly can read the data at DB level if needed. :-)

I believe Jean-Marie is concerned, not about the question if can get
the content into a paper-friendly format, but how we can do this in a
structured way so that it will be as useful as on the web. But I
don't think that this is so much limited by technology, more so
conceptually. To my opinion, we should define how we would like to
structure our content for offline use, which then can function as a
guideline for those that will build the conversion tool.

Jean-Marie gave an example: from the basic install down to the debian
install, a lot of content is covered in a lot of different areas.
Let's put down how we think that content is best structured for
offline use. Then someone can probably wrap the technology around
that concept to make it work just the way we want. But as long as we
wait for the technology to provide us with the concept of how to
translate it, I think the driver is waiting for the car to choose a
direction. Having thought through how online content should be
ideally treated for offline use I think we can distill a few ground
rules from that concept for writing in the Wiki.

Greetings,
Edwin