[Typo3-documentation] Wiki->SXW - How far are we?

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sun Jul 18 18:01:50 CEST 2004

>>The biggest and most important work it to write something,
>>somewhere. Compared to the actual writing, converting text to
>>other media is a small effort, I think.

The problem I see with the conversion is that Wiki will have a lot of
levels and references. I don't think that is going to be easy to
convert. Wiki uses the full benefit of the web, of course, but it will
not be translated into a printable document that easy.

If we saw how that the conversion works and how, we could focus on some
ground rules on how to write withing the Wiki so the SXW documents end
up as useful as they are now. Otherwise we don't have a good alternative
to the SXW documents.

Just look at the Basic Installation and click through it till you end up
at the debian install manual. We are talking about a lot of levels and
along the way you find a few references, too.

>>(One way could be, making a nice looking print page and then
>>just print to PDF and upload on typo3.org.)

As long as we only print one article I agree that it's not going to be a
big problem. But if we want to print an article and all the following
links it's not going to work with just a print page that we print to a PDF.

Jean-Marie