[Typo3-documentation] Help or Advertising?

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Thu Jul 15 06:30:18 CEST 2004

Hi,

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my words.

Jean-Marie Schweizer wrote:
>> On the other hand, listing hosting provider it's good too. But it's a
>> kind of advertising, even if it's said in the disclaimer.
> Then everything is kind of advertising as soon as we mention it, e.g.
>  Google, Windows etc.

Yes, but they already have enough notoriety, it wont change a lot for
this particular services.

> As long as people don't start to add their companies to the article just
> get more business I think we are going to be fine.

I'm ok with that. :-)

>> But it could be integrated in TYPO3 commercial strategy.
> Sure, a considerable marketing project for the future.  We could start
> selling banners that pop up or start an affiliate programm.
>
> Seriously, I see that some people might think of mentioning anything
> commercial is frowned upon but we shoudn't turn it into a big deal (not
> implying that you are - just a though in general).

I was very serious in fact. There's already a typo3.com domain which
hosts a different kind of content than typo3.org. And even an opensource
or non-commercial project could have a commercial strategy to finance
their goal or any thing they want. :-)

Or simply to find partners.

> Well, I think by having the Hosting article in the Wiki we'll see how it
> will stand time.

Yes, of course. :-)
--
Cordialement,