[Typo3-documentation] New wiki structure

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Sat Jul 3 07:23:21 CEST 2004

Hi,

Jean-Marie Schweizer wrote:
>> I've update the links to make it, much more clear, to me. ;-)
>> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>> Why do you have put the dev mailing list, here ?
> I'm I had to intervene. I deleted the link to the dev list.

That was the reason of my question in fact. :-)

> IMHO the purpose of the documentation list is to dicuss documentation
> issues among the docTeam members and for the developers to join in for
> suggestions and support.
>
> I'd like to get more oppinions on this. Who has one?

For the mailing list, I share Jean-Marie opinion. It should be reserved
for documentation purpose.

For the *concept* of open source, I must agree with Peter too, that
end-user, *should* be invited to see our work at the wiki.

But as I said, and see with your discussion about staging (document
states), the wiki, may not be powerful enough to handle document staging.

Here's my DocTEAM server in TYPO3 back again. :-P
(sorry, I'm alway late in this list, I'm reading...) ;-)

I like to have different opinion in a group. But every one must keep in
mind our common goal. As said Patrick, it's pretty hard to keep people
motivated and structured by rules too.

Pretty hard doesn't mean impossible. :-)

We probably can wait before releasing the wiki to public, in order to
fix our vision about the documentation process. By the way, every
contribution, should be very welcome, as the glossary, for example.
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.