[Typo3-documentation] New wiki structure

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Thu Jul 1 14:46:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
>>>I'm a member of the documentation project, since November 2003, but
>>>curiously I discovered this mailinglist recently. :-(
> The list is 2 weeks old !
> I did... Remember my "News from the Documentation front" or something like
> that ?

Yes I do, but the mailing list was difficult to find for me. There was
no mention of the ML in your mail. ML are very different from NG, in my
opinion.

Right now, you have to browse the wiki and «read» to find the mailing list.

Main_Page > About_the_Documentation >  Reference >
   Join the  TYPO3 documentation mailing list

4 step. More than enough to keep me out. ;-)

I'm very busy. I gone this WE, now I'm 50 mail late. :-(

Peter Kindström wrote:
> Here I agree with Patrick (and Jean-Marie?). We dont need the DocTEAM
> server. I think we should use the typo3.org Documentation section for
> static information, wiki for projects and the mailing list for discussions.

Yes, the DocTEAM server as thought bas been overtaken by wiki.typo3.org.

But what about FAQ, doc users comment, and typo3.org write access ?
How will we import such information in our wiki ?

In fact, I think it could be a good idea to have a «recursive» project.
TYPO3 should be able to self contain its documentation creation process.
:-)

Like the gcc compiler should be able to compile itself.

> Wiki -> many proofreaders -> -> SXW -> typo3.org

Sounds good. I share Peter Kindström opinion about end-user comment, but
we should be careful not to be overwhelmed.

I must practice more with this wiki because, I'm not sure there's all
what we need in this tool.

> @Sylvain
> ow you have a tool to write all those notes and addition you told me you
> had. Let's Wiki-ise them!

Do you mean SXW document ?
please contact me, I'm lost. :-)
--