[Typo3-doc] DocTEAM first goal = the structure

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Dec 22 20:25:21 CET 2004

Hi Rainer
> i like the idea of "Documentation types in the software life cycle". from
> the illustration you get a visual hint where in the available documents to
> search for information.

Great idea to have a more visual view of the documentation!

But in our case, wouldn´t all documents fall under the
Production operation section? Except the Basic Installation
Manual that should be under Implementation and Upgrade manual
under Upgrade...

If so, this structure level would be of very little use for
us... Or do you have an other idea on how our "software life
cycle" should look like?

But wait!
Isn´t this solution/structure only for SAP administrators (or
what they are called)? I see no user or developer documentation
at all?

> they also work with target groups to further structure the documents.

So if you click on, say service.sap.com/ibc, the next page will
be structured by target group?

Could you give us an example of target groups they use?

Is it (almost) the same thing as the Typo3 target groups
(Editor, Administrator, Developer)?

/Peter Kindström