[Typo3-doc] question about the glossary

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Mon Dec 6 19:30:51 CET 2004

Hi Mark,
> So I started playing with the Glossary plugin.
> It's nicely documented.  I presume the one you
> are using Peter is sg_glossary.

Hmmm, in this community everyone make thier own extension
(instead of working together), so why shouldn´t the one I have
be yet another glossary extension? :-)  :-)

Really, I think this is another one!  :-(
But only a start, because I have only got four tables installed
in my MySQL database. Nothing more, no real extension!

> Maybe we should just skip the wiki, modify sg_glossary
> as necessary, get it installed on typo3.org, and let
> people edit entries directly into sg_glossary.  At this
> point the big thing that seems to be missing is a history
> of changes.

It is good if many people can edit, but I think it is necessary
to have some sort of approval function (workflow???).
A history function is good, but it would be more easy to
maintain the glossary with an approval function.

> I'm going to keep exploring it.  I'd like to start
> a list of requirements for the glossary application
> on the
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EXT/glossary   page.
>
> Also, maybe a statement of scope.

Great! I also want to have an official project leader and team,
before we go on programming.

And I also would like to have:
* import/export functions (XML?)
* flexible category functionality (I would like the possibility
to have an entry appear in more than one category!)
* different outputs: one letter per page or all letters on one
page. Maybe even the possibility to show the glossary on four
pages (like A-E, F-N, O-R, T-X)?
* search functionality

--

/Peter Kindström