[Typo3-doc] client documentation

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Dec 3 19:09:55 CET 2004

Hi Jean-Marie,
>> Shouldn´t the TYPO3 Client documentation mostly contain of the "Users
>> manual" part of the extensions documentation?
>
> I don't know the users manual so I couldn't say.

The User manual *part* / paragraph / section of the extension
manual! Like this:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/sp_directory/Users_manual-17/

>> Plus Getting started, Typo3 Tutorial (rewritten) and the Handbuch für
>> Redakteure (in english)...
>
> I don't think Getting started is for Editors at all.  It's defently for
> administrators or at least soon to be administrators.

Hmmmm, isn´t some of it of use for editors too? Like:
   1.1 Introduction
   1.3 General principles
   1.4 Edit and create pages and content
   1.5 Password protected pages
   1.6 Special content elements
  1.10 Image archives
  1.11 The List module and Clipboard

Look at:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_quickstart/

Here we see one of the "problems" (IMHO) with Typo3
documentation of today: It is written for more than one target
group (in this case both Editors and Administrators).

> Handbuch für Reakteure is defenetly and in my opinion the only distinct
> manual for editors.

Have you looked at the Typo3 Tutorial? Here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/typo3_tut/

To me it looks like it is written for editors...

-----------

My idea is that Getting started, Typo3 Tutorial and the Handbuch
für Redakteure (or parts of them) should be restructured into
the following three documents (some information should also be
added, from other documents or written from scratch):

   Typo3 Introduction
   http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Introduction

   Typo3 Editors Manual
   http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Editors_Manual

   Typo3 Editors Reference
   http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Editors_Reference

Together they could form the base of the Client documentation.
Then you just have to add the User manual section/part/paragraph
of the extensions that your client use and you got your Client
documentation!

This is at least what I plan to deliver to my clients - if I
ever get any!  ;-)  :-)

--

/Peter Kindström