[Typo3-doc] discussion: import document manually into the wiki

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Thu Aug 26 10:17:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've imported this document from typo3.org:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Draft_new_to_TYPO3

It misses link to related document.
We should work on this document too.

Someone wants to be the «Main Editor» for this document ?
Patrick again ?

Please, note that I don't want to takeover your work, Patrick, just to
update and complete it. :-)

There can be two or more editors for a document of course. :-)

When we will have login access to typo3.org, we could put it back there.

With vim, a text editor, it's not so hard, for a vim experimented user,
to import document «manually» from any text source.

- I copy and paste the source into Vim.
- I apply some changes (recorded) to enable wiki formating like section,
title, bold, italic, listing, etc.
- Then I paste the document in the wiki

may be 30 min to record the change, a few seconds to reapply to any
other document, following the same formatting.

For an example of what kind of script can be done with vim, see: