[Typo3-doc] the Main_Page modifier is revealed

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Fri Aug 13 23:13:26 CEST 2004

Hi my known wikiman, ;-)

Happy that you finally take the contact with other contributor.
Thanks. :-)

I share your opinion about the «Wiki way». But in fact, I think we want
quality, not anarchy. Are the two compatible ? I don't know. :-\

We have 5 Yes vote, against 0 No vote, for the collaboration with rules.
See. http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Agendaitem_usethismethod

Johannes Reichardt wrote:
> I did the changes. This time it was me, next time someone else could do
> it. I wanted to express that it will not work that you "keep" the wiki
> like you want.

I keep certain part of the wiki in their current state, in fact, waiting
for help and suggestion to improve the overall structure in the main page.

I keep an eye on the Wiki and change what need to be changed and correct
things that I found wrong or incomplete. I also try to discover the
structure in the spaghetti bowl.

It's not what I want *alone*, it's in respect for people who work hard
on their contribution. Even in a wiki communication is vital.

I think is also encouraging for people to know that their article will
be placed in the best place. So even beginner can contribute.

We all have joined the documenting effort, because the existing document
need to be fixed. We don t want to keep another bad documented
unorganized content somewhere else. Right ?

> No "Main Editors" for the wiki - it does not make sense to me. Its not
> wiki style to ask someone about writing something (sounds harsh but its
> like that)

If I understand well, you ask us to let it grow as anyone want. As the
«wiki style» suggests it. Hopping that in the long time many volunteer
wrote a good documentation... :-)

We are not against that, in fact. We just want to help our chance.

> Leave the structure as is or change it right away. Your detailed
> structure should be on the 2nd level of the page to my opinion - also a
> whole big area for "docteamcorner" is just not necessary as well as
> other parts i think.

Ok, that's a good point ! :-)
Join my effort and we will make it together !

> Once again i wonder if you want a "wiki" or something else?

I want a wiki AND «something else» ! :-)

Let's find the «something else».

But I can be wrong. I just want to put my effort in TYPO3 too. Not alone
in my room, but in team with motivated people. :-)

Together we are stronger.
--
Regards,
Sylvain.