[Typo3-documentation] bureaucracy

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at _remove_abc.se
Mon Aug 2 18:39:01 CEST 2004

> To me its like government with bureaucracy that wastes more time with
> making new rules than just doingt the really important things.

Too many rules makes a bureaucracy - no rules at all makes anarchy!

But we are not talking about many rules. In fact I would rather
say we are to settle a few _guidelines_ for our work here at the
wiki. Just to keep out of endless discussions in the future.

> Actually i am afraid that this keeps people away who are really willed
> to do something but just cant because of a hierarchy and overdone
> "democracy" that doesnt lead nowhere.

Well, right now facts are against you. Both Coby and I left this
wiki because there were no guidelines.

Having guidelines means a lot of work in the beginning, true.
But when they are settled they give you frames to work within,
so that you don´t have to discuss why we do this and that, over
and over againg.
We can just point people to the guidelines and say: this is how
we agreed to do it! If you don´t like it, suggest another one
for us to vote upon!

> 1. I think i have a quite clear vision for the wiki

Me too, but this is not about what individuals think. It is
about what vision we, as a community, have!

Working together in the same direction!

> What you think?

So far you are the only one suggesting that we have no
guidelines at all. And four people think we should have it.

Anyone else want to say their opinion?

--

/Peter Kindström